- Minify and concatenate JS and CSS for fast page loads
- Tag rendering
- Transparent preprocessors
- Push CSS changes to the browser using Socket.IO
- Easy code sharing with server
Awesome Asset Manager for Node.js
directly from code. It will concatenate and minify them in production and it
takes care of rendering the tags. The idea is to make your pages load as
quickly as possible.
So why create a yet another asset manager? Because Node.js is special. In
browser. It's code. It's code that can be also used in the server and I think
that it's the job of asset managers to help with it. So in Piler you can take
Copying things from Rails is just not enough. This is just a one reason why
Piler was created.
Piler is written following principles in mind:
- Creating best possible production setup for assets should be as easy as
including script/link to a page.
- Namespaces. You don't want to serve huge blob of admin view code for all
- Support any JS- or CSS-files. No need to create special structure for your
assets. Just include your jQueries or whatever.
- Preprocessor languages are first class citizens. Eg. Just change the file
extension to .coffee to use CoffeeScript. That's it. No need to worry about
- Use heavy caching. Browser caches are killed automatically using the hash
sum of the assets.
- Awesome development mode. Build-in support for pushing CSS changes to
browsr using Socket.IO.